This is my Proz Review. Find out if Proz is legit or not with top-rated insights with this in depth review. There are so many reasons to want to start making money online and in this review I want to recommend two ways. The review will be one of those ways, but I don’t always recommend a business opportunity if it is not the very best. Now, you don’t have to have a product or service to make money online. If you have tutor degrees, that is still awesome but using those degrees is something a little more complicated. I’m going to say this for online business but it is for business as a whole.
Before you do anything, somebody who wants to achieve online success must have their own company website created with content ranking within the search engines. A business online with no traffic is something that is not “in the know” of what the internet really is. Using Google Bing and Yahoo for your website is because those search engines have traffic that they want to send to you. When you create a review based on a company that you admire, you will get people reading that content over time as it starts to rank within the search engine. That is when a degree begins to become very powerful for your company. I want you to start your website now with a step by step training where I will also coach you during the creation of your online business. But what is Proz.com and what do they offer? Let’s find out.
What is Proz?
Proz is the Web’s largest community platform of translation professionals and claimed to be the world’s leading marketplace for translation services. For freelance translators and translation company owners, Proz is a highly-effective channel for meeting new clients and obtaining paid work. Proz is also a great place for industry professionals to network and collaborate with colleagues. Proz members benefit from access to a terminology archive of over 2 million terms, real-time help network, online, and in-person skills training, networking events and much more. Proz provides tools which allow professional translators to further differentiate themselves on the market— for example Proz offers Certified PRO Network, which is a network of pre-screened professionals with even greater networking, collaborative, and work opportunities. Proz claims that the center of their platform and features is the memberships. As a tutor with Proz you can showcase your talent to only the users of that platform, and therefore not entirely advertise your business online. Proz.com is a Private company and was founded in 1999 by Ashvini Jakhar who’s currently still the CEO. Proz latest funding round was a Seed for $315K on Sep 2016. Proz top competitor is Notesgen, led by Manak Gulati, who is their Founder & CEO. Proz is headquartered in Syracuse, New York, United States, and industries include Language Learning Marketplace Professional Services. As of August 2020, Proz boasts 46.1K Likes on Facebook, and over 23K Users on Twitter. Looking at their social relevance, I can see that they are very popular, which is a good thing for anyone looking to earn some extra income.
How does Proz work?
To get started on Proz.com you will need to head over to the website and begin creating your account.
Because this is a professional opportunity, you will need whatever certificates you have in order to make your profile stand out. There are three membership levels that which are available for you to start using, and they are:
- Standard $110US per year
- Plus $170US per year.
Each membership level advances different elements, that which you can make use of.
WWW.Proz.com also offers an app for both mobile devices such as Android and iOS.
Now let’s go through some of the features that the website offers, which are:
- Training – Expand your knowledge by signing up for different ProZ.com training courses available to translators and interpreters.
- Mentoring program – Gain practical experience by pairing up with a ProZ.com mentor.
- Forums – Get and give translation help, and discuss topics of interest with colleagues.
- Translation article knowledge base – Read different articles on tax practices and invoicing in different countries, negotiation, productivity, work process, and more.
- Translation industry wiki – Read and contribute to an ever-evolving collection of articles about relevant, industry-related topics, written by translators themselves.
- Rates calculator – Calculate your own rates.
- Community rates – See what rates the translation community is charging.
- KudoZ – Give and receive help with the translation of tough terms.
- Events – Network with colleagues and have fun while learning from presentations and question and answer sessions at ProZ.com in-person and virtual events.
After doing some research I was able to find a page which goes into detail about different ways you can use to meet new students, and I came up with the following developments, which are:
- Becoming a site member – because site members are ranked before non-members in the directory (ProZ.com’s main source of jobs).
- Specializing – because the ProZ.com workplace model makes it possible for those with expertise to stand out from the crowd.
- Building a strong professional profile – because your profile is your public face at ProZ.com and the first impression of you that colleagues and potential clients will have when they find you.
- Earning KudoZ PRO-points – because when a potential client searches the directory for freelancers in a given language pair and specialty, results are ranked by membership status –members first– and then by the amount of PRO KudoZ points in the given pair and specialty. KudoZ points in your top language pair and field of expertise will be especially effective in boosting your exposure to clients in the directory.
- Taking part in the Certified PRO Network – because, for being part of a network consisting entirely of screened professionals, Certified PROs have another source of jobs.
Proz has two other features that you might like to know about which are:
- Reputation systems – And these are programs or algorithms that allow users to rate each other in online communities in order to build trust through reputation.
- BlueBoard for outsourcing – and with this website users are able to post jobs, whereas tutors and translators can pick them up.
Now that I have fully finished this Proz Review I can fully conclude that the website is legitimate and users will earn some good side income from using this platform.
Pros And Cons About Proz
- Proz has an easy way to make some extra money if you have knowledge on both using the internet and language development
- Proz has a good reputation online
- Proz has been in the business for many years
- Proz has an easy to use website
- Does not provide a way to make your business known
- You can only use the site to promote your services to people who are looking for Proz
- It does not offer any website training or website development for your own website
Online training is necessary for anyone who wants to achieve real long-term success online
Anyone who want to make a large amount of money online must have training involved and this is right for any beginner. You may have degrees where you spent many years getting your schooling done and now you want to explore working online and integrating your services, which brings you into a site like what we just checked out. This is perfect, but I want you to learn how to use the internet properly, which does not take any extra time (so you don’t have to worry about that). Of course, to get your business up and running will always consist of learning and building. I want you to start the lesson on building your brand and website and I will see you in there where I can coach you along the way for free. Then, from here, you’ll be able to incorporate your certificates.