Ebates Review: Does it Really Work?
With the advanced technology that we have today, we get to enjoy a lot of perks and rewards. Now, even shopping could be rewarding. If you are still not using a shopping rewards app, you’re probably missing out on all the amazing discounts and rewards that you could get for shopping for things that you need in your life. In this article, we will talk about one of the most popular cashback and shopping rewards company called Ebates.
But first, I want to take a few moments to recommend to you something that many people or who are already members don’t take to their full potential and that is referring people back to the Ebates Rewards panel in order to get paid more. If you are someone who uses the platform are you interested in earning real money with them?
Let me ask, have you ever heard about affiliate marketing? It comes hand in hand with Qualifying for surveys as each survey platform sports a referral program and this is important if you want to do this right.
There’s no such thing as only filling out their activities and then ignoring or staying ignorant to their affiliate program because you don’t know how to do it properly. I want to offer you some full on training that gives you a free website and shows you step by step how to refer new members to their platform. Also, when you sign up I become your full-time personal coach and mentor leaving you will 24/7 support which is even more valuable.
As you should find out in this review EBates holds huge value for people who want to promote them. There are two ways to use Ebates but for affiliates (Referrers) members use the Ebates to sign in to different shopping outlets and buy things only to get cash-back from the items that they purchase. When you refer someone and they start doing this you earn commissions on all their earnings. But its hard getting more referrals when you are not acquainted with this technique which I want to show you.
What is Ebates?
rakuten.com is a company that offers cashback and shopping rewards to its users. Users can access Ebates through its website, browser extension, and mobile application.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Ebates was founded in 1998 by former deputy district attorneys Alessandro Isolani and Paul Wasserman. The company, funded by Foundation Capital, officially launched on May 3, 1999, and started to offer up to 40% cashback from over 40 stores.
Japan-based Rakuten Inc. took ownership of Ebates when they bought it for $1 billion in September 2014. Even though it’s still called Ebates in Canada, the company officially changed its name to Rakuten Rewards in 2019.
How does Ebates work?
You must be wondering how Ebates make money when what it does is offer savings to its users. Basically, Ebates’ earnings come from affiliate network links that they publish on their website, browser extension, and mobile application.
In order for the users to earn cashback from their purchases, they need to follow a few simple steps. First, they need to login to Ebates and search for the name of the store they’re planning to purchase from. Once they’re on the store’s Ebates page, they need to click on a button and that will take them to the store’s website. That button isn’t just a simple button because it contains Ebate’s affiliate link for that store. They use that link to track users’ purchases and earn a commission from each of those. So that’s how Ebates make money – by earning commission for every sale it brings to its partner shops.
According to Ebates’ website, they now offer up to 40% cashback at over 2,500 stores. They do not require any points, fees, or forms.
Pros and Cons about Ebates
Ebates is a popular website with a huge following. Using it has a lot of advantages.
- It’s free. You just need to sign up for an account and you can use it immediately.
- Its website, browser extension, and mobile application are very easy to use and understand as well.
- It’s available in other countries like Canada, France, Japan, and Korea.
- It offers a sign-up bonus. As soon as you sign up and use the service, they will give you a $10 bonus and you get to choose if you want to get it in the form of Rakuten Cash Bonus or Walmart Gift Card.
- It offers referral bonuses. Ebates offers $25 bonus for each person you refer. In order for you to get that bonus, your referral needs to become a member for at least 90 days and accumulate qualifying purchases.
- It offers discount coupons that you can use to save even more when shopping from their partner stores (in addition to cashback!). If you want to maximize your savings, use a credit card that gives you rewards or cashback when shopping. Isn’t it awesome to not only save but also earn from shopping? You won’t lose anything because you’ll need to shop for essential things anyway, even without a cashback.
- Its partners are popular stores like Amazon, Best Buy, JCPenney, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom, and many more! These are the stores that you already know and shop at.
- It is not only good for online shopping, because it can also be used at some actual stores.
Ebates has a lot of advantages, but of course, it also has a few cons.
- Even though it’s partnered with thousands of stores, some products might not be eligible for a cashback.
- You cannot use it for Apple products anymore.
- It pays every quarter. First, you need to have at least $5.01 in your account in order to be eligible for a payout. That’s not very hard to reach, especially if you use it frequently to buy essentials. However, they pay quarterly or every 3 months. This is not good if you hate waiting.
- They offer only 2 payment methods: through PayPal or check. If would be nice if they offer bank transfers too, don’t you think? Cashback for a single purchase is capped at $50. No matter how massive your purchase is, that’s the maximum cashback you can get for that purchase.
- They take $2 from inactive accounts.
So, is Ebates worth it? Or is it just a waste of time? Well, it depends on the shopper. If you already shop from their partner stores, wish to earn and save money from your purchases, and are okay with their cashback rates and payment schedule, you should check it out.